Thursday, September 2, 2010

Has it Really Been a Year?

I like to say the ages of my kids right now out loud, it rings like an accomplishment.  I have made it through my first year with three kids.  Ages 5, 4 and 1.  Really without knowing much about us and ours, Glenn and I are rockstars simply because we are here, living life and loving God with a 5, 4 and 1 year old.  Then I quickly add, the oldest is about to be 6....so we are not really that nuts!

To celebrate my youngest sweet boys birthday this Momma went all OUT!  Reid had the best one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish party ever!  I purchased Dr Suess paper products from Etsy and got the background polka dot theme from Polka Dot Birthday Blog.  I got Reid the most adorable little outfit and matching hat from Etsy as well!  I stayed up late planning fun and making party gifts.  I filled bowls with everything round and decorated the house.  I was excited for my third child's milestone, and miracle from God to turn 1 happy and healthy.

Our friends and family were the most important part of this party.  There was one precious family missing from our celebration, but they know how much we wish they didn't live three states away!  I felt so warm and comfortable opening my home and letting people enjoy this celebration.  The women talked and watched swimming kids, and the men gathered and threw the same swimming kids!  Family is so important to Glenn and I, and I loved watching them enjoy the chaos and get to know our wonderful friends!

I reflected on my baby's first year (and 9 months), living within me, as one and then growing into a boy. He is such a blessing, causing our family to slow down and appreciate life.  He is a happy boy, and loves to roam (I am wondering now if this means he will go far someday!), adores his brothers and their undivided attention, and still loves to snuggle this Momma, not falling head over heels with his Daddy quite yet.  Not that this day won't come where he is enthused with the same infatuation with that wonderful man that his brothers carry, but for now I am holding on tight to my last little/big baby!

PS This will be a picture crazy post...
Happy Birthday Reid Banner from Etsy with Dr Suess fish
Photo from smash cake session of brothers and photo books of Reid's first year for each set of grandparents and great grandparents...made at shutterfly
Entry table....party favors with fish in each net from Learning Express, Dr Suess book for guests to sign and a fun toys from Suessland.com
Close up of the book for signing, and in the corner you can catch a glimpse of the balloon wreath (didn't get a good photo of it on the door).
The big birthday gift!  We are so blessed to fit it inside to avoid the heat!
He loves his door to his house!
My sweet little Mason pouting about something!
Smash cake with cupcakes and custom toppers from Etsy!
Homemade cupcake tower (craft paper and polka dot paint) and cupcakes!
In leu of gifts we asked for gently used toys and clothes for Pregnancy Assistance Center north...
Mantel with 12 month picture frame (scrapbook frame with polka dot paper background and photos framed with cardstock), pictures from the smash cake session, lanterns, and vases filled with bouncy balls and gum balls.
Entry table!
Food table...bummer I didn't get with all the yummy food!!!!
Cake and Cupcake table, Happy Everything pate and smash cake session banner!!!
Oma and the birthday boy!
Slideshow with all the photos from Reid's first year (and 9 months)!
Birthday Boy!
Playing with balloons (not right this second but he was)!!!!
One fish Two Fish shoes!  What a find from Mimi!
Daddy and Birthday Boy!
Oma, Daddy and Reid
Alphabet fishing game
Outside table!  Kids ate and ate the skittles centerpiece!
Didn't quite care for his hat, but Daddy held it there!
Cannot get this boy to eat cake!  He loved the attention of the Happy Birthday song!
Fun in the pool!
Polka dot paint!  The girls made beautiful pictures!
Photobucket

No comments: